Surplus funds allocated to address Central Fire Station in Hudson
Buxton said time was of the essence as the aging fire station’s current system is rife with problems. “The line sets are completely corroded through,” he said. “And there are a lot of leaks.”
“We should go with a Chevy instead of a Cadillac,” he told the fire chief.
Buxton reminded selectmen that while the town has the right to reject any bid, in this case, there was only one bid submitted and it’s a long summer ahead.
“We need a new station, but I don’t see that happening anytime soon,” Coutu said. “And this isn’t my own house where I can slap a Band Aid on a pipe here and there. It’s a municipal structure housing people 24/7.”“So if $80K is going to be the cost and it’s going to be here for four or five more years, then I think that’s money well spent,” the chairman added. “Because the fact is we do have surplus funds to do this now and take it out of the budget for the coming year.”
The board also voted to spend another $39,000 for upgrades to the police department’s security system.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Havenstein's Pledge: It's a sound business plan - 1
- 'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH - 25
- Personhood Controversial? Really? - 29
- Pocket Constitutions: Windham's non-scandal - 15
- Obama's escalation: In Iraq, too broad a fight - 14
- NH's prison population: The real story behind a failed law - 12
- Constitutional thought: Enter our student essay contest - 0
- Hawkish Shaheen: What war profiteers? - 43
- Walt's new Pledge: Planning for a better NH budget - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond