Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Plaistow tot's grandmother testifies she was unwelcome at home of the accused
Debra Mullen, of Kingston, the mother of Jessica Linscott, testifies in Rockingham County Superior Court that she was unwelcome at the home of Roland Dow, 28. (JAMES A. KIMBLE)
Roland Dow, 28, entered his second day of trial Wednesday on charges he battered and burned Linscott’s toddler son, James Nicholson, between September and November 2012. Dow maintains that he never hurt the child and accuses his former girlfriend, Jessica Linscott, of abusing her son.
Mullen recalled to jurors how she went to Dow’s home once because she was worried about her daughter’s well-being but was told right away by Dow that she was unwelcome.
Dow called the police, and Mullen asked the police officers to do a well-being check on her daughter and grandson.
A female police officer spoke to Mullen sternly, telling her that she was trespassing on the property and shouldn’t be getting the Department of Youth, Children and Families involved in the situation, Mullen testified.
Defense lawyer Tom Gleason quizzed Mullen about concerns she had about Linscott’s role as a mother.
Mullen denied that assertion.
Dow is facing 10 charges, including first- and second-degree assault, witness tampering and endangering the welfare of a child.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
- KSC student facing charges related to riot - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- Report: Cubs will hire Joe Maddon as manager - 0
- Pastoral Counseling Services honors Good Samaritans - 0
- Peterborough church plan advances after land buy - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483