1 percent raise OK’d for Manchester school chief
The board voted 10-4 at its meeting Monday to support the raise, following the recommendation of the Coordination Committee, which voted on the contract earlier in the day.
The board had already voted to support renewing Livingston’s contract in December, along with those of the district’s other top three administrators. Any salary increases in the second year of the contracts were put off until the spring.
Livingston is completing her first school year as superintendent, during which she has taken on several ambitious initiatives, including new academic standards, redistricting and rewriting the district’s policy manual. Livingston has faced some criticism in recent weeks, including from Mayor Ted Gatsas, over her handling of a federal review of racial disparities in the district.
After the committee meeting Monday, Gatsas said he remained supportive of the superintendent.
The board did not consider pay increases for Assistant Superintendents Dave Ryan and Karen Burkush or Business Administrator Karen DeFrancis, but they are expected to do so in the near future.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Another View -- Fred Hiatt: Disengage from the world, and this is what happens - 0
- David Harsanyi: Are teachers really underpaid? - 9
- Jonah Goldberg: The U.N. club needs higher standards - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 20
- Deroy Murdock: What if Gaza were San Diego instead? - 1
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 55
- Another View -- Charles Lane: Obamacare and the Constitution - 22
- John Stossel: Why are we giving the police so much power? - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
- Police seeking help to identify alleged credit card thieves - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride