Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
1 student, gunman dead after Oregon school shooting
Anderson said the gunman had been tentatively identified, but that authorities were seeking confirmation before releasing his name. He did not clarify whether the suspect was a student or how he died.
The violence in northern Oregon was the latest in a string of fatal shootings in U.S. public places since May, including a shooting at a Christian college in neighboring Washington state last week in which one student died.
“I’m glad it wasn’t worse,” said Rachelle Rueschenberg, a mother clutching her ninth-grade daughter, Maddy. “It’s so hard.”
Police said that during a search of the school after the shooting, they found a gun on another person, which they believed to be unrelated to the violence. That person, who was not identified, was taken into custody.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
GOP for legal pot? Supporters of legalization rallying behind NH gubernatorial candidate Hemingway
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917