Home » News » Public Safety
Police investigate deadly crash in Alton
The crash happened at 9:08 p.m.
Monday morning police had yet to release the name of the individual who died, or any of the others who were injured.
According to a preliminary police investigation, a driver of a pickup truck heading east on Henry Wilson Highway tried to pass several vehicles and hit another pickup- truck head on that was traveling west on the highway.
Two people in one of the trucks sustained serious, but not life-threatening injuries. They were taken by helicopter to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon.
An individual in the other pickup truck died at the scene, while the other occupant was taken to Frisbee Memorial Hospital in Rochester for treatment of serious, but not life-threatening injuries.
The New Hampshire State Police Technical Accident Reconstruction Unit also responded and assisted with the investigation which is ongoing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
- Injured hiker carried to safety off Mount Israel in Sandwich - 0
- Three-alarm fire heavily damages Franklin store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
- Manchester teachers to vote again next week on contract - 0
- Nabbed and then cleared by feds, NH man still intends to sell rhino trophy - 0
- Developer says Alexandria wrong to deny tower - 0
- Salem police target ski-jacket thief who used tree branch to hide license plate - 0
- Prosecutors want to seize cash from Londonderry drug suspect - 0
- Swanzey men suspect cancer cluster in town - 0
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond