Home » News » Public Safety
Driver found dead in car crash off I-93 in Canterbury
State police are withholding the name of the driver, pending notification of family members.
According to a news release, just after 7 a.m. Monday New Hampshire State Police from Troop D responded to a report of a vehicle off the right side of the road on I-93 South in Canterbury.
Troopers located a sedan off the right side of the road, partially concealed within the tree line. The car's lone occupant -- the driver -- was dead.
An initial at-scene investigation indicates the car was traveling south on I-93 when it veered right off the road and struck a tree, police said.
The driver had been the subject of a "check the welfare" police broadcast, per the family's request, about 9:30 p.m. Saturday, according to state police.
At 10 a.m. on Monday, State Police, Canterbury Fire and Rescue and wrecker crews were still on the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Cyber security a fear in NH, too
A new era for Nashua's police force
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten