Home » News » Public Safety
Laconia police investigating threats of school shooting
All three threats were written on different bathroom stalls in the high school on different days. The first was found on May 30, the second was last Thursday and the third was found on Monday. All three stated the shooting would take place on June 10.
Captain Matt Canfield of the Laconia Police Department said there is nothing to make them believe the shootings will actually occur, but they are taking the threats seriously.
He said school and police officials decided not to cancel school and a letter was sent to parents of students informing them of the situation.
In a post via their Twitter feed, the police department announced "There will be a noticeable police presence" at the school on Tuesday and students will not be allowed to bring bags or backpacks to school.
Canfield also said students could be subject to search before entering the school.
The case remains an active investigation and police are pursuing all leads to help ensure everyone's safety.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner