Deroy Murdock: Obama disregards the law as much as Richard Nixon did
So said George Washington University Law School Professor Jonathan Turley on the Fox News Channel’s Hannity program Tuesday night. Turley is no Clarence Thomas conservative. He is a liberal, yet one who believes that government should obey the rule of law. That law is, supremely, the United States Constitution.
Bipartisan legislators disagree.
“It comes with some surprise and dismay that the transfers went ahead with no consultation, totally not following the law,” Senate Intelligence Committee chairman Dianne Feinstein, D–Calif., told journalists Tuesday. Indeed, Deputy National Security Adviser Tony Blinken phoned Feinstein to apologize for keeping her in the dark.
“Under the deal, they have to stay in Qatar for a year, and then they will be allowed to travel outside the country,” the unidentified Gulf leader told Reuters. “They can go back to Afghanistan if they want to.”
Deroy Murdock is a Manhattan-based Fox News contributor and a media fellow with the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace at Stanford University.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 64
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 3
- Wheeler in Dist. 5: A GOP fighter for the little guy - 4
- GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help - 12
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 56
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 57
- Innis in the 1st: A strong choice for Congress - 11
- Obama waits: A terror threat grows - 41
- For U.S. Senate, Scott Brown best NH candidate come November - 73
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone