Deroy Murdock: Obama disregards the law as much as Richard Nixon did
So said George Washington University Law School Professor Jonathan Turley on the Fox News Channel’s Hannity program Tuesday night. Turley is no Clarence Thomas conservative. He is a liberal, yet one who believes that government should obey the rule of law. That law is, supremely, the United States Constitution.
Bipartisan legislators disagree.
“It comes with some surprise and dismay that the transfers went ahead with no consultation, totally not following the law,” Senate Intelligence Committee chairman Dianne Feinstein, D–Calif., told journalists Tuesday. Indeed, Deputy National Security Adviser Tony Blinken phoned Feinstein to apologize for keeping her in the dark.
“Under the deal, they have to stay in Qatar for a year, and then they will be allowed to travel outside the country,” the unidentified Gulf leader told Reuters. “They can go back to Afghanistan if they want to.”
Deroy Murdock is a Manhattan-based Fox News contributor and a media fellow with the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace at Stanford University.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House fails to override three Gov. Hassan vetoes - 0
- Governor to nominate three to the bench - 0
- State revenues slightly ahead for August - 0
- Hassan says NH's high workers' comp costs a burden - 0
- Executive Council approves railroad contract for Milford - 0
- Executive Council to consider raising dollar threshold for contracts - 0
- GOP to Hassan: What taxes would you raise? - 0
- NH Republicans push for 2014 fiscal budget figures - 0
- State Sen. David Boutin apologizes for lapse in judgment - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 10
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it