Home » News » Politics » State Government
Senate Roundup: Abortion-clinic buffer zone approved
“This is really dealing with the freedom of speech issue,” Carson said, echoing arguments voiced by opponents in earlier debates.
The House version of the bill requires facilities to clearly define the buffer zone’s layout and dimensions for local officials to help with enforcement and makes the bill effective 30 days after it is signed.
Similar problems have occurred at facilities in Concord and Portsmouth.
The Senate decided to agree with the House on a bill that would require political and advocacy groups that promote the election or defeat of candidates in state elections to publicly report their receipts and expenditures.
The Senate voted 12-11 to agree with the House version of Senate Bill 120.
The House’s leading privacy advocate, Rep. Neal Kurk, R-Weare, worked for two years to reach consensus on a bill to restrict the use of commercial drones.
Kurk’s bill would regulate the use of aerial drone photography and broadcasts by government agencies and private individuals and businesses.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Pipeline's NH route moves to top choice - 5
- Peterborough receives EPA ‘green power’ award - 0
- Work on largest solar project in state begins in Peterborough - 0
- 24-mile transmission line project could begin in late 2016 - 0
- Conflict rises over Millsfield agreement with wind farm - 0
- New Hampshire's energy future in 'crisis' - 53
- Gas pipeline talk in southern NH surprises many officials in towns by alternative route - 1
- Wind-power developer eyes Alexandria area again - 2
- Keystone bill passes U.S. House - 42
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.