Home » News » Politics » State Government
State spending freeze locked in
She said despite the drop, state revenues remain above by $3.9 million for the fiscal year to date.
“The state does not have a revenue problem,” said Senate President Chuck Morse, R-Salem. “The problem is expenses.”
Hassan said state financial officials do not have enough information at this time to determine whether “this is a one-time issue or a permanent revenue decrease based on tax code changes, but we cannot wait to find out.”
He said the Senate would come back to address needed changes to the Medicaid Enhancement Tax.
“We assert that it is not this governor or the state employees who are holding NH back from being the best it can be,” the statement said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rockingham County Attorney race forum set - 0
- Tree talk divides Nashua officials - 0
- Bridge Street project developers in Nashua to seek alternative financing - 0
- Nashua aldermen seeking developers for downtown area - 0
- New contract proposed for Nashua police union - 0
- Nashua Airport activity on the increase after 5 slow years - 0
- Nashua aldermen to consider buying church for health building - 0
- Londonderry considering anti-nepotism policy - 0
- Official says Manchester school district could get $300k from Job Corps - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglar nets undisclosed amount of cash in Domino’s robbery - 0
- Traffic change Wednesday for Keene State move-in day - 0
- Lawyer goes to court to try to reopen Manchester stores closed over ‘spice’ - 2
- Angels capitalize on Sox’ mistakes - 0
- SNHU and NHIA say they’ll delay merger - 0
- Driver hits cruiser in Hollis - 0
- Giants will be just fine, says unimpressive Eli - 0
- Cubs’ Hendricks beats Mets, improves to 5-1 - 0
- Wizards and warriors on the cheap - 0
Whole Foods poised to open in Nashua
Free state garden: Weeding is always good
Manchester judge: Open store that sold spice
NH worker health costs top U.S. list
Angels capitalize on Sox’ mistakes
Judge slams spice search
Market Basket: On the brink again
NH's immigrants: Welcome the ones from Mass.
Pope’s call-out Where’s the Muslim outrage?
'Chicken' arrested at Londonderry parade