Another View -- Jennifer Frizzell: Opponents of Obamacare, late-term abortions are not pro-choice
For instance, while Havenstein’s association with the “pro-choice” label may be wise given the views of New Hampshire voters, it is not consistent with his statements. Havenstein has said he would support multiple restrictions on abortion, including an outright ban on abortion late in the pregnancy which, while rare, often involves heartbreaking and tragic circumstances, including serious risks to the woman’s health.
In fact, across the United States women have saved an estimated $483 million on their out-of-pocket costs on birth control last year.
As a country, we face unprecedented attacks on women’s health — and we need to elect leaders who will not only support women’s health, but will stand up like a brick wall to those who want to impose their personal beliefs on everyone else.
We know what’s at stake for women this November.
Jennifer Frizzell is political director for the Planned Parenthood New Hampshire Action Fund.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- David M. Shribman: Today, give thanks to Daniel Webster - 1
- George Will: Thanks for the entertainment, America - 0
- John Stossel: Be thankful for American property rights - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Thomas Sowell: The 'experts' look down on you - 2
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 13
- David Harsanyi: The two-state solution is dead - 2
- Pat Buchanan: A rogue President remakes America - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 0
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
- Grant program to help Granite State students with loans - 0
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Camping out didn't pay for shoppers
After the election is over, the signs remain