Another View -- Jennifer Frizzell: Opponents of Obamacare, late-term abortions are not pro-choice
For instance, while Havenstein’s association with the “pro-choice” label may be wise given the views of New Hampshire voters, it is not consistent with his statements. Havenstein has said he would support multiple restrictions on abortion, including an outright ban on abortion late in the pregnancy which, while rare, often involves heartbreaking and tragic circumstances, including serious risks to the woman’s health.
In fact, across the United States women have saved an estimated $483 million on their out-of-pocket costs on birth control last year.
As a country, we face unprecedented attacks on women’s health — and we need to elect leaders who will not only support women’s health, but will stand up like a brick wall to those who want to impose their personal beliefs on everyone else.
We know what’s at stake for women this November.
Jennifer Frizzell is political director for the Planned Parenthood New Hampshire Action Fund.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: Playing the race card at the border - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 5
- Another View -- Stephen L. Carter: Why is the left going after profit? - 8
- Clifford D. May: Pinpointing the cause and effect in Gaza - 2
- You Turn, NH -- Suellen Griffin: There is first aid for mental health, too, and it works - 2
- Pat Buchanan: We are transforming into the Brazil of North America - 2
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Before your dog takes a dip in fresh water, learn about toxic algae risks - 0
- Another View -- Yehuda Yaakov: What Israel is up against - 7
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Scaremongering is the left's hobby - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
- Still no budget in Nashua - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law