'American Idol' run ends for Mont Vernon's Alex Preston
The 21-year-old singer and songwriter failed to secure enough votes to make it into the “American Idol” finale as one of the two remaining contestants. Instead, Preston finished the intense television competition in third place, but will still participate in the Idol summer tour.
“I am on two antibiotics and lung steroids. But, I tried my best,” posted Preston, a 2011 Souhegan High School graduate and a student at the University of New Hampshire.
Despite the bronchitis, Preston had a strong night on Wednesday, singing three songs that at one point placed two celebrity judges on their feet with a standing ovation.
But for the remainder of season 13, two power-house competitors — Caleb Johnson and Jena Irene — will vie for the prestigious title.
“It was a different Alex,” said judge Jennifer Lopez, praising Preston for his “elevated” stage presence during his version of Bastille’s “Pompeii.”
“I knew that you would sing the heck out of that song,” said Lopez, who described Preston’s version as beautiful, and all his.
“I feel like they know who I am as an artist,” Preston said of his home state fans, acknowledging all of the final contestants are a little homesick after spending the past weekend visiting with friends and family.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.