Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Peterborough voters say no to cluster housing, yes to village zone
Voters rejected, 485-394, the zoning article that would have replaced the Open Space Residential Development plan that is already in place with an Innovative Subdivision Design plan.
The Traditional Neighborhood Overlay Zone allows for more density in the downtown district by allowing growth that matches the density already existing in the village zone.
Planning Board incumbents Audrey Cass with 553 votes and Ivy Vann with 473 votes were reelected in a race for two Planning Board seats. They beat Loretta Laurenitis who had 430 votes.
All other spending requests were also approved, including a request for $100,000 for the Fire Department Management Capital Reserve Fund, $17,500 for the Financial Management Software/Hardware Capital Reserve Fund, $15,000 for the Geographic Information System Capital Reserve Fund and $55,000 for the Equipment/Fleet Management Capital Reserve Fund.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 0
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 35
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 38
- Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors - 14
- Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week - 21
- Asking about marriage: The Census should keep doing it - 3
- All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so - 14
- Taxi fail: City regulations don't work - 14
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Cyber security a fear in NH, too
A new era for Nashua's police force
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten