Plant sale next week at Concord prison greenhouse
CONCORD — Flowers, herbs and vegetables grown by inmates in the Correctional Industries Program at the New Hampshire State Prison for Men go on sale for three days next week.
The sale, from Monday to Wednesday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., will take place at the greenhouse located at the Correctional Industries Farm at 314 N. State St.
Customers will be able to purchase a variety of tomatoes as well as eggplant, summer squash, zucchini and other vegetables. Herbs that will be available include parsley, thyme, oregano, chives and dill. Among the flowers are snapdragons, impatiens, marigolds, geraniums, petunias and others.
Cash and checks are the only accepted forms of payment. No credit cards will be accepted.
A flyer detailing the types of plants to be sold may be found on the Department of Corrections website by following this link: http://www.nh.gov/nhdoc/documents/plantsale2014.pdf.
For more information, call 271-1933.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.