Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Portsmouth man who robbed bank, fled on bike gets prison sentence
Jamie Pointer, 28, of Ledgewood Drive, Portsmouth, pleaded guilty in Rockingham County Superior Court to a single count of robbery.
Pointer walked into the Newburyport Five Cent Savings Bank in Portsmouth last Sept. 27 and passed a note to a teller that read, “armed men would take the building by force” if he was not given money, according to an indictment.
Pointer fled the bank and rode away on a bicycle.
A witness had also told police that they had seen a man that matched Pointer’s description changing his clothes downtown.
A police detective thought she recognized Pointer as someone familiar to law enforcement, Springer said. The detective went by Pointer’s home and later executed a search warrant at his residence, Springer said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 0
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 3
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 2
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 0
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 36
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 0
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 2
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917