Home » News » Public Safety
Unknown issue causes power outage in Rochester area Sunday
The outage occurred around 4:40 p.m. and as of 7:45 p.m., 1,304 of the 4,275 – or 31 percent - PSNH customers in Barrington, 2,595 of the 16,059 – or 16 percent – of businesses and residents in Rochester and 138 of the 2,065 – or 7 percent – of customers in Strafford were still without power, according to www.psnh.com.
PSNH crews, who are working to restore power, estimate all customers should regain service by 9 p.m., according to Elizabeth LaRocca, PSNH spokeswoman.
"Our crews have not determined the cause of this," LaRocca said, adding PSNH crews are searching the area to find and rectify the issue.
For more information or to report an electrical emergency, contact PSNH by calling 1-800-662-7764.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 1
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 1
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate