Black bear no match for 2 English bulldogs in Bow
On May 1, she was next door telling a neighbor that it was time to take down the bird feeders when she saw that Brutus was back.
Lola and Comma, her bulldogs, crashed through the farmer's porch that overlooks the back yard. The pair, who together weigh about 90 pounds, confronted the bear, who rose to full height on his hind legs.
While the actual bear incident was happening, she said, "It wasn't fun. It was really upsetting."
She thinks it's a reflection of how much people love dogs and wildlife: "It's nature voyeurism."
Plus, the story had a happy ending. "I want people to understand that my blessing is that the bear exercised some compassion and walked away," she said.
But she said, "These dogs don't move. They walk to the mailbox and they're done."
- Shawne K. Wickham
READER COMMENTS: 20
- House Rules Committee rejects majority leader vote, OKs letting lawmakers carry guns - 0
- Majority leader sees GOP rift healing after Jan. 7 - 11
- Official House GOP caucus begins setting goals - 0
- Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice - 30
- Jasper censure cites 'breach of trust' - 0
- Starting Jan. 1, NH elderly and disabled have more protection - 0
- GOP committee: Censure Speaker for Dems' help in winning post - 38
- Drone legislation again to get NH House attention - 0
- Funding to Planned Parenthood jumps three-fold in two years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'