Home » News » Politics » State Government
House OKs plan for cameras to identify toll evaders
The plan is designed to address the growing problem of people telling toll attendants they do not have any cash to pay the toll. They are given a slip of paper to pay the toll, but many never do.
Under the bill, cameras in the cash only lanes at the tollbooth will take a picture of the vehicle’s license plate, which will be destroyed in three seconds if the driver pays the toll.
All tollbooth lanes are equipped with cameras but state law currently forbids using the cameras at cash-only lanes.
Pot provisions rejected
The House rejected an attempt to add provisions of bills decriminalizing marijuana and allowing patients qualifying for the state’s new medical marijuana to a Senate bill.
Rep. Joel Winters, D-Manchester, proposed adding the provisions to Senate Bill 327, which would extend the deadline for the economic revitalization zone tax credits program from July 1, 2015, to July 1, 2020.
But opponents warned the Senate will let the bill die and add the provisions of SB 327 to another bill.
The House refused to add the amendment on a 245-99 vote, before passing the bill on a 314-30 vote.
Energy bill tabled
The House decided a bill directing the Site Evaluation Committee to begin the rule making process for new guidelines for energy facility applications.
The bill is likely dead for this session.
The House approved Senate Bill 246 allowing law enforcement to charge anyone driving over 100 miles an hour with reckless driving. Some charged with three counts of reckless driving would have his or her license suspended.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $11 million requested for priority city school projects - 1
- Berlin considers synthetic marijuana ban - 1
- New year could bring higher costs for members of Claremont Community Center - 0
- Retirement system ruling gets thumbs up from Moody's - 4
- Rates for Hudson recreation programs may be increasing - 0
- Hudson selectmen approve ambulance fee increases - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Londonderry board rejects workforce housing variances - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads