Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Newmarket man pleads guilty to sexual assault
The girl told Newmarket police that she met Ferland first at a local bus stop after communicating with him through Pinger, a text messaging service used on computers, the affidavit said.At the time, Ferland was free on bail awaiting trial on charges for distributing and manufacturing child sexual abuse images.
He pleaded guilty in January to four counts of distribution of child sexual abuse images.
The sentence for the sexual assault conviction began Thursday.
It will largely run concurrent to his earlier prison term, but adds some time to his overall period behind bars, according to Assistant County Attorney Karen Springer. Ferland also received a suspended 3½- to 7-year prison term on one of the felony sexual assault convictions that could be brought forward up to five years after his release on parole, according to prosecutors. Had a jury convicted Ferland at trial, he could have faced up to 3½ to 7 years in prison on each of the felonious sexual assault charges.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 31
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 1
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917