Plymouth thrift store aids homeless, veterans
The store, located at 16 Main St. in the formerly vacant American Legion building, will hold its grand opening on Saturday, which presents an opportunity to “Get Thanked,” according to a press release by Plymouth State University senior Hayley Devlin of Derry.
“It’s kind of the Macy’s of thrift stores. It’s really well lit, the merchandise is laid out beautifully, and the inventory is constantly changing,” said Francesca Diggs, the case advocate for the shelter who volunteers at the new store. “It has the feel of a high-end store.”
The store primarily sells clothing for men, women and children, but also has a large selection of housewares, furniture, sporting goods, craft supplies, toys, and more, Lauriat said.
The grand opening will feature refreshments on Saturday. The store is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Mondays through Saturdays, and noon to 4 p.m. on Sundays.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tiny park's got no game — and few visitors - 4
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 18
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Raising a pint for science - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Downtown, it's all in the restaurant family - 1
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A short history of the spice trade - 1
- City Matters: Little sleep for Vietnam vet - 3
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?