Plymouth thrift store aids homeless, veterans
The store, located at 16 Main St. in the formerly vacant American Legion building, will hold its grand opening on Saturday, which presents an opportunity to “Get Thanked,” according to a press release by Plymouth State University senior Hayley Devlin of Derry.
“It’s kind of the Macy’s of thrift stores. It’s really well lit, the merchandise is laid out beautifully, and the inventory is constantly changing,” said Francesca Diggs, the case advocate for the shelter who volunteers at the new store. “It has the feel of a high-end store.”
The store primarily sells clothing for men, women and children, but also has a large selection of housewares, furniture, sporting goods, craft supplies, toys, and more, Lauriat said.
The grand opening will feature refreshments on Saturday. The store is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Mondays through Saturdays, and noon to 4 p.m. on Sundays.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Drew Cline: NH's campaign finance laws are a nonsensical mess - 2
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 5
- Drew Cline: Andrew Hemingway, a young candidate with a future and a past - 6
- Annie Kuster has the distinction of being John Bolton's first ad target - 10
- Drew Cline: Bob Smith's three 'p's': Principle, platform, party - 4
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 18
- Drew Cline: Dan Innis is no political lightweight - 3
- Drew Cline: A Libertarian plays devil's advocate in U.S. Senate race - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
DWI license revocations
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out