Charges against Merrimack shoveler melt away
Menahem Lowy stands near the spot at the end of his Merrimack driveway where he was accused of impeding a town snowplow on Feb. 18. (DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER)
“Maybe the prosecutor saw no advantage to go to court for such a trivial incident,” Lowy said.
Lowy, who holds a doctorate from University of California Berkeley and worked at BAE Systems, said the snowplow had twice passed by his driveway and was about to make a third pass when it stopped as he shoveled the snow at the end of his driveway.
“The driver of the truck and I know exactly what happened,” Lowy said. “I was all the time on my driveway.”
“I can’t force the prosecution to have a trial,” he said.
Kowalewski said the agreement provided justice. She said several factors were taken into account, including Lowy’s clean criminal record, his age, the charge and the ability to bring the charge forward if Lowy is arrested again.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester airport stalls wrecking ball looming over farmhouse - 1
- Gorham property auction may help town tax rolls - 0
- Nashua board questions alcohol sales at performances at auditorium in middle school - 0
- Derry property maintenance ordinance would target unsightly downtown areas - 0
- Unexpected costs for Durham Town Hall project put freeze on other projects in town - 0
- Residents invited to meet new Derry Administrator Stearns - 0
- Londonderry workforce housing project clears ZBA - 2
- Nashua board encourages public to weigh in during upcoming budget debates - 0
- Chief tells board that West High pellet gun incident points to lessons learned - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate