Home » News » Public Safety
Suspicious fire at Manchester gas station
District Chief Al Poulin said the fire is suspicious, but the cause is undetermined. Police and investigators with the Fire Prevention Bureau are trying to figure out how it began.
About 11:30 p.m., two passersby told a worker at the gas station/convenience store at 987 Hanover St. that there was a fire in the back of the building.
When fire crews arrived, they found two sheds in a fenced area in flames. A high power line to the store made it difficult for fire trucks to maneuver around the building, so an aerial truck was brought in to extinguished flames that reached the soffit and roof area of the gas station.
The fire was extinguished in about 25 minutes.
No one was injured.
Both sheds were destroyed while the gas station had minor damage. Poulin estimated total damage at about $25,000.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 41
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Win tickets to see Linkin Park