Home » News » Public Safety
Motorist, police officer talk Manchester woman down from ledge
Police were called to the span that crosses Bridge Street to find a 32-year-old despondent Manchester woman sitting on the ledge of the bridge, outside the guard rail.
Motorist Kate Filanoski of Madbury was driving by when she saw the woman and pulled over. Filanoski was talking to her, trying to convince her to climb back over the railing, when Officer Joe Ryan arrived.
Together, the two talked to the woman for about 20 minutes, eventually convincing her to come back over the railing to safety.
She was transported to the hospital for further evaluation.
Police said Tuesday morning the woman is OK.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 41
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind