Dog dies in Pelham fire
Joanne Picard was awakened by smoke detectors just before 4 a.m. and found her home, at 57 South Shore Dr., filled with smoke, according to a news release. She fled the home and called 9-1-1.
It took more than an hour to bring the fire under control, with mutual-aid assistance at the scene from Salem, Windham and Dracut, Mass., fire departments. No firefighters were hurt.
Fire officials said the presence of working smoke detectors “undoubtedly” saved the homeowner's life.
The Bedford Bulletin
100 William Loeb Drive
Manchester, NH 03109
Neighborhood News publications can be found at a newsstand near you here.
News, Obituaries, Sports & Social Announcements
Christine Heiser, Executive Editor
Email ads to firstname.lastname@example.org
Classified advertising: 603-669-1010
Display advertising: 603-668-4321
Print rate card | Digital rate card
Please use our online form at www.nh365.org
Hockey fans angry, sad to see Monarchs go
Guinta talks bipartisanship, new bill to spare taxpayer cost of redundant government legislation
Threat concerns Ayotte: How safe are we?
Bobcat resurgence raises trapping talk