SolAmor Hospice recognizes volunteers and veterans in Bedford
The hospice, a member of the "We Honor Veterans" program, held a volunteer appreciation day at its Bedford office April 12 to recognize the volunteers providing support to terminally ill patients and their families.
"Our goal is to provide our veterans with the best possible end-of-life care and services, which includes volunteer and vigil support," Stanton said. "We have volunteers from all walks of life, however for those patients who have served our country, there are times when what is needed is the quiet understanding that only another veteran can provide."
Guest speaker Bob Stevens, host of "The Veterans Forum" and a World War II U.S. Navy veteran, has interviewed countless veterans to preserve first-hand recollections of their service.
Stevens shared veterans' stories before opening the floor for a question-and-answer session. He offered interview techniques to volunteers working with hospice patients who may want to add their experiences to the Veterans History Project.
Potential hospice volunteers can reach Rita Stanton at SolAmor Hospice at 606-7944.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Pat Buchanan: In Scotland, it's economic man vs. tribal man - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 64
- Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax - 2
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Is the Islamic State really un-Islamic? - 3
- George Will: Scotland's epic vote - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama's uncertain trumpet, again - 0
- Maureen McDonald: Ray Rice and the everyday problem of domestic violence - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH math professor wins 2014 MacArthur Fellowship - 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 5
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof