Home » News » Public Safety
White House drafts UNH to help lead initiative to curb sexual assaults on college campuses
"We are seen as leaders in the effort to end violence against women, and the programs that have come out of Prevention Innovations have been proven to make a difference," said Jane Stapleton, co-director of UNH's Prevention Innovations.
"We set up scenarios where there is a potential for a sexual violence situation to occur, and we teach (students) how to safely intervene to distract or disrupt the situation," said Potter. "The Bystander program is really a community focus, giving the message that everyone has a responsibility to help end sexual violence on campus."
"As soon as the post was brought to the administration's attention, Dartmouth acted swiftly to support the student and an investigation was launched," she said. "As a result, the person who issued the post has been identified and will undergo the college disciplinary process."
"We share the White House and the Office of Civil Rights' concerns about sexual violence on campuses, and will continue to ensure that New England College addresses these issues in proactive and meaningful ways," said Vice President for Academic Affairs Mark Watman.
"We welcome these new guidelines and recommendations as additional tools to promote safety for students and others who are part of our campus community," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- 2 motorcycle riders hurt in Laconia collision - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH