Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Defendant in Hampton bicyclists fatal crash makes drug claim
Cindy Sheppard, 48, of Hampton is scheduled for trial later this month on charges that she provided drugs to a driver that killed two bicyclists in Hampton. (FILE)
Her trial is scheduled to begin May 19 on five charges, including dispensing a controlled drug while on release and possession of a controlled drug and allowing an improper person to operate a vehicle.
Two other cyclists, Uwe Uhmeyer, 60, and Margo Heigh, 54, also of Massachusetts, were injured.
Sheppard faces up to 3½ to 7 years in state prison on each of the drug charges.
Allowing Hess to drive after she was stopped by police is a violation-level offense.
Sheppard pleaded guilty on Jan. 27 to six felony counts of possession of a controlled drug. Prosecutors said that Sheppard provided Fentanyl to Hess while free on bail in the earlier drug case.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- High speed chase ends in crash in Lyndeborough - 2
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 3
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Adding firefighters debated as curb to overtime - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483