NH couple, after Bundy standoff, married at Nevada ranch
The wedding of Hampstead resident Alex Bieniecki and Campton resident Ashley Rose Banyas took place last Thursday in Bunkerville, Nev., and drew about 50 people, including Bundy and some of his family members, said Jerry DeLemus, a Rochester resident who officiated.
Last month's standoff at the Bundy ranch drew militia and others from across the country intent on intervening in the dispute between Bundy and the Bureau of Land Management over grazing rights on federal land.
DeLemus said he, Bieniecki and Banyas remain at the ranch. Bieniecki does guard duty; Banyas works at the chow hall.
"What we're trying to do is make sure the Bundys feel safe," DeLemus said. "To take the BLM at their word is not possible."
"We just made our love official for the whole world to see under God, on hallowed ground," he wrote.
DeLemus, whose Marine credentials have given him a leadership status at the ranch, said the couple are happy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 0
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
- Bruins stop Predators, 5-3 - 0
- Former President Bush, 90, hospitalized in Texas - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber
Win tickets to see Linkin Park