SANBORNTON — Police said they have issued a violation to a man who left a rifle laying on the side of the road.
Chief Stephen Hankard said they got a call from a resident who saw the rifle propped up on a kayak at the end of Perley Hill Road. Both were unattended.
He said that the gun was legally owed and the owner intended to sell it, both of which are within his rights to do, but Hankard said his objection was that the rifle was unattended and anyone could have driven by and taken it. He said the man was fined for improper storage of a firearm.CLICK TO VIEW THE SOURCE MATERIAL
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.
Be the first to comment.
Post a comment