Home » News » Business » Legacy Awards
Zip line superlative in the making at Attitash Mountain Resort in Bartlett
Construction began recently at Attitash Mountain Resort on three zip lines, including the “Flying Bear,” which is being billed by the resort as the “longest single-span zip line in the contiguous United States.” (COURTESY)
Among the variety of attractions at New Hampshire ski resorts are canopy tours at Bretton Woods, which also offers zip lines; a mountain coaster at Cranmore Mountain Resort, which also has a giant swing and the Soaring Eagle zip line; the Zipline Canopy Tour and Thrillsville Aerial Park at Alpine Adventures near Loon Mountain in Lincoln; the Canopy Zip-Line Tour at Mount Sunapee in Newbury; Gunstock's zip lines, Aerial Tree Top Adventures and off-road Segway tours.
In addition to zip lines, he said, resorts also are enticing summer visitors with disc golf and downhill-mountain biking.
"You have the infrastructure in place in some of the most scenic places in New England," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Explaining a red blue jay spotted in New Hampshire - 0
- Mac & Cheese 10 Country Flavor Tour: America's Favorite Comfort Food Goes Global - 0
- Blizzard was last challenge for retiring Derry fire chief - 0
- Blizzard couldn't bury this year's Pond Hockey Classic - 0
- Slopeside: Proper ski boots should fit like a glove and make all the difference - 0
- NH moose hunt lottery is open - 0
- Stars of professional, community theater to be spotlighted - 0
- Bromberg, Hidalgo headlining at Plymouth venue - 0
- Have an appetite for family theater? Try 'Life on a Plate' - 0
Bobcat resurgence raises trapping talk
NH moose hunt lottery is open
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
Enter to win tickets to see Nickelback
Bedford reprimands students for tweets critical of superintendent for not cancelling school Wednesday
Editorial: Scared of snow: Has NH gone soft?
Romney opts out of run for presidency