Tillotson Fund awards $648K in grants to benefit North Country
• Androscoggin River Committee of Milan, $12,000 to support public education and outdoor recreation-based marketing and events for New Hampshire’s Androscoggin River watershed.
• Great North Woods Committee for the Arts of Colebrook, $12,000 to support performing arts programming in Coos County.
• Lancaster United Methodist Church, $17,500 to purchase and install a walk-in cooler to improve access to healthy, perishable food for the Community Cupboard Food Pantry.
• Town of Pittsburg, $14,607 to complete the final phase of a capital project by constructing a bandstand on the town common.
• Milan Village School, $15,000 to provide bridge funding to support the development of a self-sustaining, affordable preschool program for the Town of Milan.
Concord-based grant recipients with programs in the North Country are:
• New Hampshire Timberland Owners Association, $22,900 to support research for an updated economic impact study of the timber harvesting industry in New Hampshire.
• Additionally, Wholesome Wave of Bridgeport, Conn., received $43,206 to support Coos County in building and connecting to a sustainable statewide system improving access to local affordable produce.
“The impact of this fund on a community, and an entire region, is remarkable,” he said, “just like the legacy of Mr. and Mrs. Tillotson.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State Sen. David Boutin apologizes for lapse in judgment - 17
- New victim protections passed by Legislature celebrated - 0
- Gov. Hassan asks agency heads for conservative budgets - 2
- Hassan runs first ad as GOP claims more irregularities - 0
- Interim IT, NH tourism heads approved - 0
- Manchester lawyer urged to seek District 16 Senate seat - 0
- NH July revenues prompt spending warning - 0
- Gov. Hassan set to nominate acting IT, state tourism chiefs - 0
- Gov. Hassan to nominate acting IT, tourism chiefs - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate