Home » News » Public Safety
Indictments issued in fatal crashes in Dover, Barrington, Rochester
Kristina Sanford-Johnson, 44, of 76 Breton Ave., Sanford, Maine, faces two special felony counts of manslaughter in the Oct. 7, 2013, death of Ralph Iovanna, 62, of South Berwick, Maine.
Police said Iovanna was struck by Johnson’s silver Nissan Rogue.
Sanford-Johnson was seriously injured as well.
If convicted, she faces a maximum sentence of 15 to 30 years on each count.
Xianowei Wang, 40, of 843 Middle St., Portsmouth, was indicted on one count of negligent homicide in connection with an Aug. 14, 2012, crash that caused the death of Karen Fare, 34, of Manchester.
Wang suffered serious injuries as did another woman, Erika Otte, 21, a passenger in the Jeep.
According to the indictment, Shaw was driving his 2002 Ford Ranger west on Route 202 in Barrington at a high rate of speed and while under the influence of liquor or a controlled drug when he lost control and crossed into the eastbound lane, striking a 2007 Ford Edge head on.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 0
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 12
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 2
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber