Two fires in Manchester
MANCHESTER - Firefighters battled two fires within an hour Tuesday, according to the Manchester Fire Department.
Careless disposal of cigarettes on a porch was blamed for a fire that caused about $2,000 worth of damage to a porch at 27-29 Bremer St. at 3:10 p.m. Tuesday, according to a release from District Fire Chief Bob Corbeil. The fire was contained to the porch and was under control within minutes, the release said.
..Nobody was injured in either fire, the release said.