Home » News » Public Safety
Two fires in Manchester
MANCHESTER — Firefighters battled two fires within an hour Tuesday, according to the Manchester Fire Department.
Careless disposal of cigarettes on a porch was blamed for a fire that caused about $2,000 worth of damage to a porch at 27-29 Bremer St. at 3:10 p.m. Tuesday, according to a release from District Fire Chief Bob Corbeil. The fire was contained to the porch and was under control within minutes, the release said.
At just after 4 p.m. Tuesday, another fire, apparently started when a motorcycle fuel tank was dropped onto a garage floor and sparks ignited the fuel, caused about $20,000 in damage to a garage at 174 Tennyson Drive, the release said.
Nobody was injured in either fire, the release said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 5
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
- State bomb squad explodes suspicious package in Salem parking lot - 0
- Bodies of downed plane's passengers leave Ukraine crash site for return to Netherlands - 0
- 30-year-old man found dead in Laconia apartment - 0
- AG: Missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez reunited with family - 10
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Police say North Country motor vehicle deaths down - 0
- Hiker rescued from Mount Washington - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 0
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's