All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 2 views left. | Register | Sign In

Two fires in Manchester

MANCHESTER — Firefighters battled two fires within an hour Tuesday, according to the Manchester Fire Department.

Careless disposal of cigarettes on a porch was blamed for a fire that caused about $2,000 worth of damage to a porch at 27-29 Bremer St. at 3:10 p.m. Tuesday, according to a release from District Fire Chief Bob Corbeil. The fire was contained to the porch and was under control within minutes, the release said.At just after 4 p.m. Tuesday, another fire, apparently started when a motorcycle fuel tank was dropped onto a garage floor and sparks ignited the fuel, caused about $20,000 in damage to a garage at 174 Tennyson Drive, the release said.
Nobody was injured in either fire, the release said.


Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety

NH Angle - Public Safety