Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website
Town Manager Kevin Smith said an updated website was necessary as the existing economic development site contains outdated information and is becoming costly to manage.
Arnette said the current site is “about four or five years old” and “clearly, time has passed it by.”
“A definite goal of ours is to target a certain audience,” he added. “People need good, current data, and the people who will be looking at this site are a specific crowd: They’re site selectors, senior commercial brokers and tax attorneys looking for incentive packages. They’re not vacation seekers.”
“I wouldn’t read this and tie it in with Woodmont and Pettengill,” Farrell said, referring to the two major developments on Londonderry’s horizon.
Pettengill Road, located off the new airport access road on the other side of town, is expected to be the center of extensive commercial and industrial development in the coming years, with legislators currently working toward an infrastructure-funding plan to help make it happen.
“If I were a business person looking for a community to set up shop, I’d want to know that all of this is going on,” he said. Arnette said the site currently has links to the Woodmont Commons master plan, though Farrell noted the system isn’t exactly user-friendly. “I see meeting links here dating all the way back to 2008,” Farrell said. “ To fully understand what’s going on here, I’d have to go through about 30 different documents.”Local business owner Annette Stoller offered her opinion.
Stoller said she’d be happy to offer further suggestions.
“We have over 34 years of experience,” she told town officials.
“We’ve got some great resources right here in the community,” Dolan said. “They’re willing to help, and that’s certainly something we should take advantage of. Because we have these two enormous, gigantic developments that are on the cusp of beginning, which is pretty distinguishing.”
“We should be advertising ourselves better,” he said. “We have to show that we’re different from our neighbors.”
READER COMMENTS: 4
- On being American: A point for reflection - 13
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 13
- Needing answers in Weare: The first step to accountability - 0
- Where terrorists win: The world's one 'kill Americans' zone - 6
- Expanding NH economy: Of energy costs, trains and clowns - 3
- Obama acts illegally: Shaheen parrots his talking points - 65
- Regulations must adapt: Cities cannot squash the new economy - 3
- Offend someone? To jail with you! - 22
- King Obama: Creating a constitutional crisis - 43
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dowd's goal wins for Manchester - 0
- John Habib's City Sports:'Moment' is here: Derryfield CC renovation begins - 0
- Driver charged with DWI after mayhem on I-293 - 0
- Department of Employment Security sends confidential ID info to wrong firms - 0
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 0
- Man, 86, struck by car while crossing street in Manchester - 0
- Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding - 0
- Hot deals, warm shoppers - 0
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
Day Three in the dark for many in NH
Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding
Derry holiday parade to be held today
Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins
Hot deals, warm shoppers