Ice-out declared on Forest Lake
As attested to by this clock, ice out occurred on Forest Lake in Whitefield at 7:47 p.m., April 18. The Whitefield Lions Club has sponsored an “Ice Out” contest on Forest Lake for three years . (Courtesy Whitefield Lions Club)
Inspired by a similar contest at nearby Joe's Pond in Vermont, the club in 2012 began its own ice out competition on Forest Lake, which lies in the towns of Dalton and Whitefield. Each year the event has grown, said member Don Discenzo, on Tuesday.
Discenzo thanked the participants and said the Lake Forest ice out contest would be back next winter. He said the money raised will support Lions Club programs in and around Whitefield.
Forest Lake is considerably smaller than Lake Winnipesaukee, which has had its own ice out competition for considerably longer. That call is expected today.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- (No heading) - 0
- Antiques Week brings treatures to the table in NH - 0
- The Band Perry shows strong family ties a good thing on charts, at home and on the road - 0
- Sammy Hagar throws a party at the Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom - 0
- Pinkerton students win 48-Hour Film Project award - 0
- League of NH Craftsmen's Fair opens with new event for hardcore collectors - 0
- Hooksett and Manchester take first step toward future high school deal - 0
- Boy Scouts to host Great North Woods Gathering - 0
- Club Notes: Italian club to present comedy/murder mystery - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Convicted sex offender faces porn charges
Punch line: The NFL blows it