Ice-out declared on Forest Lake
As attested to by this clock, ice out occurred on Forest Lake in Whitefield at 7:47 p.m., April 18. The Whitefield Lions Club has sponsored an “Ice Out” contest on Forest Lake for three years . (Courtesy Whitefield Lions Club)
Inspired by a similar contest at nearby Joe's Pond in Vermont, the club in 2012 began its own ice out competition on Forest Lake, which lies in the towns of Dalton and Whitefield. Each year the event has grown, said member Don Discenzo, on Tuesday.
Discenzo thanked the participants and said the Lake Forest ice out contest would be back next winter. He said the money raised will support Lions Club programs in and around Whitefield.
Forest Lake is considerably smaller than Lake Winnipesaukee, which has had its own ice out competition for considerably longer. That call is expected today.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Guitar Maestro Uli John Roth performs in Londonderry in advance of March Release of 'Scorpions Revisited' a Double-Disc Collection of Re-Imagined Scorpions Classics - 0
- Councilor refuses to let blindness thwart his commitment to Bedford - 0
- Announcing the 2015 Country Megaticket at the XFinity Center - 0
- Tri-state Reciprocal Snowmobile Weekend - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Hosts Groundbreaking Ski & Snowboard Camp Partnerships - 0
- Londonderry blood drive scheduled for Friday - 0
- More information coming on Plaistow commuter rail station Wednesday - 0
- Peterborough's Rosaly Bass named organic gardener of the year - 0
- Salem selectman vows taxpayers won't pay for railroad ties removal - 0
Bobcat resurgence raises trapping talk
UNH exhibit aims to convey realities of war
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
A gun fight: One the GOP should pick
Obamacare ‘surprise: More tax bill headaches
Hearing set for Gorham man facing 200 charges for kidnapping, sexual abuse of Conway teen