Home » News » Public Safety
Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 2:26 p.m. after a southbound 2003 Harley Davidson motorcycle driven by Frank Shedd, 60, of Hampton, collided with a northbound 2001 Ford F-150 driven by Jeffrey Dalton, 20, of Groveland, Mass., near Swings & Things at 16 Route 125. Members of N.H State Police Crash Analysis & Reconstruction Unit determined the accident occurred when the driver of the pickup made a left turn in front of the oncoming motorcycle, according to state police.
Shedd was airlifted to Brigham & Woman’s Hospital and remained in critical condition Tuesday morning, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
Fire Chief Bill Seaman said Monday that Shedd sustained serious, but non-life threatening injuries and was not wearing a helmet.
Seaman said Dalton and two other passengers in the pickup were sent to Exeter Hospital as a precaution. The identities of the passengers were not released.
Meanwhile, Dalton was released from Exeter Hospital, according to a spokeswoman.
As a result of the accident, a section of Route 125 was closed for about 2½ hours Monday.
Firefighters from Kingston and Plaistow, paramedics from Exeter Hospital, police from East Kingston, Kingston, Newton and Plaistow and members of the Rockingham County Sheriff’s Department all responded to the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it