Home » News » Public Safety
Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 2:26 p.m. after a southbound 2003 Harley Davidson motorcycle driven by Frank Shedd, 60, of Hampton, collided with a northbound 2001 Ford F-150 driven by Jeffrey Dalton, 20, of Groveland, Mass., near Swings & Things at 16 Route 125. Members of N.H State Police Crash Analysis & Reconstruction Unit determined the accident occurred when the driver of the pickup made a left turn in front of the oncoming motorcycle, according to state police.
Shedd was airlifted to Brigham & Woman’s Hospital and remained in critical condition Tuesday morning, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
Fire Chief Bill Seaman said Monday that Shedd sustained serious, but non-life threatening injuries and was not wearing a helmet.
Seaman said Dalton and two other passengers in the pickup were sent to Exeter Hospital as a precaution. The identities of the passengers were not released.
Meanwhile, Dalton was released from Exeter Hospital, according to a spokeswoman.
As a result of the accident, a section of Route 125 was closed for about 2½ hours Monday.
Firefighters from Kingston and Plaistow, paramedics from Exeter Hospital, police from East Kingston, Kingston, Newton and Plaistow and members of the Rockingham County Sheriff’s Department all responded to the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Strategery: A war by any other name
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out