Home » News » Public Safety
Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 2:26 p.m. after a southbound 2003 Harley Davidson motorcycle driven by Frank Shedd, 60, of Hampton, collided with a northbound 2001 Ford F-150 driven by Jeffrey Dalton, 20, of Groveland, Mass., near Swings & Things at 16 Route 125. Members of N.H State Police Crash Analysis & Reconstruction Unit determined the accident occurred when the driver of the pickup made a left turn in front of the oncoming motorcycle, according to state police.
Shedd was airlifted to Brigham & Woman’s Hospital and remained in critical condition Tuesday morning, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
Fire Chief Bill Seaman said Monday that Shedd sustained serious, but non-life threatening injuries and was not wearing a helmet.
Seaman said Dalton and two other passengers in the pickup were sent to Exeter Hospital as a precaution. The identities of the passengers were not released.
Meanwhile, Dalton was released from Exeter Hospital, according to a spokeswoman.
As a result of the accident, a section of Route 125 was closed for about 2½ hours Monday.
Firefighters from Kingston and Plaistow, paramedics from Exeter Hospital, police from East Kingston, Kingston, Newton and Plaistow and members of the Rockingham County Sheriff’s Department all responded to the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads