Cannon closes out season with 46 trails open
There is an abundance of snow on the trails, despite a few bare spots that are developing.
“I think we have had some of the best late season conditions we’ve ever had,” Cannon Mountain General Manager John DeVivo said.
Enjoying the skiing at Cannon Mountain on Saturday was the Laurendeau family of Bedford, who are first-time season pass holders this winter. “I’m ecstatic. The conditions are awesome; not too hard and not too soft,” said Denis Laurendeau.
“I’m sad to see an epic season end,” said Eric Rivard.
“It was a great season. All the terrain was opened, really amazing,” he added.Both families had children that raced for the Franconia Ski Club and this weekend enjoyed skiing with many of their former teammates from Crotched Mountain.The last Granite State mountains to close for the season will be Bretton Woods, who will have a Patriots Day celebration today while Wildcat plans to reopen for the weekend of April 27.
Snow was certainly not an issue this winter, it was the ups and downs of the weather.
“Taking into account three major rainstorms and three weeks of warmth from mid December to mid January, we are essentially right on with last season in terms of skier visits, revenue and snowfall,” said DeVivo.
Cannon received 183 inches of snow this season, the most in New Hampshire.Cannon Mountain is looking to upgrade their snow gun arsenal and snowmaking capacity over the next couple of years and the commencement of the Mittersill Improvement Plan that could come as early as next season or the following season depending on the permitting process.
- Joe Perry's 'Rocks: My LIfe in and Out of Aerosmith' sits in Top Ten On NY Times Bestseller List for initial two weeks - 0
- NH Club Briefs: Windham club plans coat drive, next meeting - 0
- Committee eyes larger state role at Livermore Falls - 0
- No change in Pelham tax rate - 0
- Union Leader editor receives media ally award - 0
- Hooksett students to lay wreath at memorial - 0
- Bedford's tax rate increases by 33 cents from 2013 - 0
- Chick-fil-A restaurant's opening draws from near and far for camp-out celebration - 0
- Exhibit weaves fabric of African people, cultures - 0
Guitar Center and DIRECTV feature iconic guitarist SLASH In Original 2-Part Documentary and live concert eventREADER COMMENTS: 0
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Hooksett students to lay wreath at memorial
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
Trump fired up over NH mailer