Groton Wind farm operator agrees to meet state demands
The state fire marshal has informed the Site Evaluation Committee (SEC) that his office has reached agreement with the Spanish energy company, whose plant has been the subject of complaints from abutters and a state investigation since it went online in December 2012.
The Attorney General's Office, he said, is still pursuing its complaints that the company acted unlawfully in moving its operations and maintenance building from the area cited in the plan approved by the Department of Environmental Services. The fire marshal, too, filed complaints about the relocation of the building from one side of Groton Hollow Road to the other.
"Out of respect for the ongoing SEC process, we can't elaborate at this moment, but Iberdrola Renewables and Groton Wind take public safety very seriously and we are working diligently to bring these matters to a swift resolution," said Iberdrola's Paul Copleman.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Survey shows gas prices fall to lowest since May 2009 - 0
- Pipeline protest in Fitzwilliam - 0
- Poll shows Groton voters oppose new wind plants - 2
- Opposition lines up against new Alexandria wind plant proposal - 1
- PSNH's rate request puts it lower than competitors, a reversal from last year - 6
- Pipeline meeting in Mason draws big crowd - 0
- Kinder Morgan reveals route for pipeline at Milford meeting - 1
- Nature vs. man: Keeping the lights on - 1
- Pipeline pushback seen in NH - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors