Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home
Shawn Russell, 30, of Methuen, Mass., at left, was arrested on Thursday. Police obtained an arrest warrant for Michael Meucci, 31, of Salem. (COURTESY)
Shawn Russell, 30, was taken into custody at a Market Basket parking lot on Thursday in Methuen, Mass., leading police to recover $40,000 in cash and 42 grams of heroin, police said.
Officers were called to a burglary in progress at 24 Main St. on Monday shortly before 6 p.m. Witnesses told police that three people were seen committing the burglary and leaving the house in a dark-colored Kia. Another witness said the KIA crashed into a parked vehicle in an adjacent driveway to the Main Street home and sped away just before police arrived.
The investigation is now focused on apprehending one of Russell’s alleged partners in the break-in and identifying who else participated in the heist.
“We believe others may have been involved in the planning,” Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten said. “It could be up to four people.”
“We want to get the word out to people about him,” Patten said.
Detectives were able to track down Russell on Thursday by following a person believed to be an associate as he drove to the Market Basket parking lot on Haverhill Street in Methuen, Mass.
Patten said he could not speculate about why the homeowner had a large amount of cash at his home.
Russell is being held in a Massachusetts jail and faces charges of burglary, theft by unauthorized taking and conduct after an accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 0
- Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man charged with felony cruelty to animals - 0
- Winchester cold case murder solved; investigators say serial killer died in prison - 0
- Second bomb threat in a week at Farmington High School - 1
- Rochester teen indicted for murder of Madbury teen - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 0
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483