Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home
Shawn Russell, 30, of Methuen, Mass., at left, was arrested on Thursday. Police obtained an arrest warrant for Michael Meucci, 31, of Salem. (COURTESY)
Shawn Russell, 30, was taken into custody at a Market Basket parking lot on Thursday in Methuen, Mass., leading police to recover $40,000 in cash and 42 grams of heroin, police said.
Officers were called to a burglary in progress at 24 Main St. on Monday shortly before 6 p.m. Witnesses told police that three people were seen committing the burglary and leaving the house in a dark-colored Kia. Another witness said the KIA crashed into a parked vehicle in an adjacent driveway to the Main Street home and sped away just before police arrived.
The investigation is now focused on apprehending one of Russell’s alleged partners in the break-in and identifying who else participated in the heist.
“We believe others may have been involved in the planning,” Deputy Police Chief Shawn Patten said. “It could be up to four people.”
“We want to get the word out to people about him,” Patten said.
Detectives were able to track down Russell on Thursday by following a person believed to be an associate as he drove to the Market Basket parking lot on Haverhill Street in Methuen, Mass.
Patten said he could not speculate about why the homeowner had a large amount of cash at his home.
Russell is being held in a Massachusetts jail and faces charges of burglary, theft by unauthorized taking and conduct after an accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bath man, 73, charged with sexual assault of child - 0
- Two Derry residents charged with burglarizing home - 0
- 4 charged with digging up corpse of NH businessman - 0
- Former Manchester restaurateur convicted of sexual assault - 0
- Check scheme leads to arrests in Nashua - 0
- Nashua police warn of phone scam involving IRS claims - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Three arrested on drug charges after police search apartment - 3
- Seabrook fires two officers for Bergeron brutality - 7
- Former Claremont PTO member arrested for theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Cheshire Historical Society receives nearly $1 million - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917