Ashland Community Garden ribbon-cutting set for Saturday
ASHLAND — The ribbon-cutting ceremony for the organic community garden at the elementary school will be held at 1:30 p.m. Saturday, a few days before Earth Day 2014, which is a Tuesday this year.
People will be able to sign up Saturday for one of the 20 four-by-eight-foot plots, neatly bordered by wood frames. For novice gardeners, Master Gardener Melanie Kerr will present a program, Starting a Garden.
Experienced gardeners can participate in a seed swap, talk with a Master Gardener and volunteer for garden projects.
It’s a project of the Ashland HEAL coalition in partnership with the town. The goal is to make immediate and long-term improvements in the community, to promote good health and enhance quality of life for residents.
More information is available at ashlandnh.org or on Facebook at facebook.com/ashlandheal.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.