Top Manchester school officials no longer must live in city
The board voted at its meeting to end the policy, which was enacted two years ago and required that any superintendent or assistant superintendent establish a home in the city within 180 days of signing an employment contract.
The board first voted by a wide margin to table a motion, made by board member John Avard, due to the absence of the mayor.
Considering the current circumstances, I would like to see this held off.”
“He said the board already knows how I feel on the issue,” Connors said. “There wasn’t anything underhanded about this.”
Connors argued, and most of her school board colleagues agreed, that the residency requirement limited the pool of applicants for top positions.
But member Robyn Dunphy said it was wrong to allow any change in the residency policy to apply to Ryan. “The contract is signed. Nobody held a gun to anybody’s head.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson selectmen approve ambulance fee increases - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Londonderry board rejects workforce housing variances - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
- Derry fire chief is retiring - 0
- Aldermen not quite ready to endorse art plan - 0
- Citing transparency, Merrimack officials won't hold private meetings with pipeline developers - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'